If you are becoming more in tune with your digestive tract and how to improve it, you might be familiar with some gastrointestinal best practices. If you need some help, a great resource is The Gut Health Protocol – a book that goes into detail about paying attention to your overall GI tract health and applying principles to improve your overall well-being.
Who Can Use Gut Health Protocol?
If you suffer from small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) or small intestinal fungal overgrowth (SIFO) you may benefit from Gut Health Protocol. Some typical symptoms include:
- feeling bloated
- having bouts of either diarrhea or constipation
- pain in your abdomen
- cramping – particularly after you eat
- feeling weak or tired
Often when someone is experiencing adverse symptoms there is also a possibility of having parasites. While this is an unpleasant thought it can be a great opportunity to address these things before they become a potential issue.
What are the Concepts of Gut Health Protocol?
The Gut Health Protocol focuses on a few main areas around improving your overall gut health:
- Disruption/Kill Phase
- Biofilm is often created by certain types of pathogenic bacteria and yeast. After disrupting the biofilm there is a focus on killing the pathogens that are taking up residence in your intestinal wall with natural herbs and probiotics. The key is to try and not cause too much of a disruption in the good bacteria in your gut.
- Repairing the Environment
- The next phase is rebuilding and creating the ideal gastrointestinal environment. Focusing on consuming probiotics and other nutrient-rich foods that will help improve the GI tract and all of the related processes. This is the healing phase that will ultimately result in reducing the symptoms of SIBO and SIFO.
- Additional Factors
- Wholistic health is another concept within the Gut Health Protocol. In addition to adding healthy foods and removing toxins and less nutritious food from your diet. There are other things you can do to improve your gut health. Getting enough sleep is another pillar of gut health, burning through calories and glucose gives your body the cue to boosting your metabolism. Another way to burn calories that is often underrated is actually getting enough sleep. When you are well rested your body has enough energy to power through your day and efficiently process the nutrients you consume.
- Supplements are another facet of the Gut Health Protocol.
- There are recommendations around different types of supplements and ingredients that have been shown to improve your overall gut health. The book goes into detail on recommendations and what to take and use.
Whether you are beginning your journey or are a seasoned practitioner of improving your gut health, it’s always a great idea to refresh and brush up on healthy best practices. The Gut Health Protocol is an excellent read that breaks down some essential concepts from a granular level. Find out how to identify your symptoms and help you begin taking the necessary steps toward improving your GI health that will ultimately benefit your total wellbeing.